The pandemic has fast-forwarded the inevitable digital transformation in how people consumer television and movies. Streaming services and traditional TV networks are now in a market maturation slugfest. Streaming giants such as Disney+, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime Video have captured gigantic market share and secured their positions at the top of the heap. TV networks and cable providers are feeling the pinch as consumers “cut the cord”. And then, new small streaming services are appearing, seeking to capture market share with content catering to niche interests.
In this report, we’ll use social media analytics to explore the rapidly changing way we consumer our TV and video content with an in-depth look into the streaming and TV networks industry. Using data such as volume, sentiment and growth, regional angles, demographics, and specific brand performance of industry players, we’ll explore topics:
- Over-the-top (OTT) streaming and its coexistence with traditional TV
- OTT app creation and the rush to grab market share
- The rise to prominence of small streaming services
- Interactive online events and immersive streaming
- How advertising is played out in response to the TV shifts
- Next steps for streaming and TV networks to compete